4/04/2012

Everyone's Doing It

As a child all my older friends were doing it. It's been done since the beginning of time. I can almost guarantee someones doing it right now or having it done to them...

 I'm talking about hair of course!! Getting styled or being styled. My interest started with my Barbie dolls and the Barbie bust...
Google Image

I started doing my own hair around the age of 9. By 16/17 I'd cut, colored, braided and styled myself any which way I could think of and by 18 decided to enroll in cosmetology school. But I didn't go through with it after my acceptance. WHY you may ask... I didn't want to be a statistic, let me explain. How many young black girls are going to "hair school"??? A bajillion and 3, I wanted to do MORE, make my  mark with something better. So enrolled in college with a major of entertainment business(I'll open my own record label, SUPER original) I  loved it. But I just couldn't keep my interest up.

 I've maintained my stylist gene, doing my daughters hair, my mothers coloring, my own weaves( sew in and quick) etc. But at 27 I dream about hair. Styles, methods, supplies, how many people have a hair supply wishlist or lose their minds when they go into a Beauty supply store... My younger sister  is also a hair fool and recently enrolled in cosmetology school. She says the reason I'm dreaming of hair is because I'm meant to do hair. 

If I wanted to incur more debt and be back in school I'd SOOO do it. Statistic?? maybe but it's a skill that will always make money anywhere I may go...
until then I guess just I'll dream
Google Image

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should see about going for it? If it is financially feasible and your lifestyle allows for it..... why not?
    I am in the process of preparing for a certification and a little nervous but I decided to just go for it. It is something I have grown to love and I figure why not?
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete