3/01/2012

It Doesn't Have A Title


 I am a mother who desperately wants to back in the adult world, a world that pays me for my stress and hard work, a world of deadlines, meetings, emails and cubicles. Motherhood is a thankless job and that's a literal. With a 6 year old, 1 year old and a newborn to handle NO ONE says thanks mom for...anything. Though I suppose at this point
I don't really want a thank you. I'd much rather a weekly paycheck... $15 for wet diapers $25 for poop, $30 an hour for the many hours of screaming and crying involved in an infant and a teething toddler, $40 for each feeding that ends up with more on me than in their mouths... Can you tell I've really been giving this thought?? Lets keep going... $3 per toy that is thrown randomly through the house, $5 for the books snatched from the bookcase and tossed around...

On the chance that I could escape and enter the working world again, the cost to provide all day childcare for two children below 2 is ASTRONOMICAL. I'd literally be working to pay the sitter (whomever that may be) My goal is to again be a contributing member of the household...sure I contribute by keeping the children alive and clean but...

Honestly I do have selfish motive as well, I'd LOVE to have money of my own again by that I mean not have to ask my husband... I'd love to buy a pair of jeans without holes, a bra that fits properly, join a gym, get my nails done... anything that didn't involve children. I'd LOVE to have ANYTHING, ANYTIME that didn't revolve around these beautiful little people that I love so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment