5/06/2012

Pathways...


Life gives us paths to choose from and I'm afraid I didn't choose the right one.... 

Google Image

Listening to a song the other day and that was a lyric in the verse. It made me pause in my walk and think. Had I the option, I know the exact path I'd return to and try the other route. Instead of going off to college at 17, I'd have accepted the offer to attend cosmetology school. I know I'd at least still be gainfully employed because, there is never a time a woman doesn't want her hair done. The rest of that path will remain a mystery. But, I like to imagine, in fact that’s what I spend a good chunk of time doing. Going back to that exact moment and saying YES instead of NO. I instead opted for a major that, at the time had glitz and glamour, Entertainment Business. Sadly, That field comes with a lot more than just music and at 17, I wasn't ready. So off I went. Going to college got me drunk, high, raped and pregnant. Presumably being on the wrong path you don’t see a lot of people going YOUR way, so to speak. I had a lot of company taking me with them. I made a whole slew of bad choices based off of those negative events. And what’s worse I'm now in ridiculous loan debt and didn’t even graduate. I credit myself for making some good choices during the journey but the overall path wasn't right. Not saying I'd whined up happier, healthier or wiser... just... different. What about you, do u know the one choice you made that changed it all? Care to share...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment